A super powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich immunity tea to boost your immune system, fight coughs and colds, soothe your sore throat and make us strong from inside and maintain your overall Wellness. It uses 7 basic and easily available spices which have magical capabilities. It is a “magic tea” indeed!
This recipe is from my good friend, Jyotsna, who is an expert at holistic living and she takes immense care of her mind, body and soul. She is at World of Hygge , do check her out for awesome DIY skincare tips.
Inspired by her, this immunity tea has been a part of my life everyday now to boost our family’s immune system, especially now. With everything that’s going on in the world right now, its more than important to take care of ourselves. While we are staying home, Social distancing and trying to flatten the curve of COVID-19 pandemic, it doesn’t hurt to add one more preventative measure to get our bodies ready to fight this virus.
What Ingredients do we use to make this tea and how are they beneficial to boost immunity?
Lets get in detail about what ingredients are added and how do they boost your immunity.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. It fights diabetes and lowers cholesterol. Its antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal. It aids in digestion and helps build strong bones.
- Black Pepper: Its a great antioxidant, relieves coughs and colds, helps with digestion, antibacterial and lowers blood pressure. Black pepper has an alkaloid called piperine which helps curcumin in turmeric to be absorbed into the body. Turmeric alone cannot provide the necessary health benefits.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is the magical ingredient that has amazing healing properties. It is anti-inflammatory and rich in antioxidants. Turmeric’s antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties help strengthen the immune system. Its a natural antiseptic and has anti bacterial properties to be used as an effective disinfectant. But remember to take turmeric and black pepper together to increase the absorption.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper has capsaicin which aids in digestion, fighting off coughs and colds, detoxifying your body and preventing cancer.
- Ginger: Ginger is another powerful root that is bursting with immune-boosting properties. It is anti-inflammatory and high in antioxidants, antibacterial and antiviral. It improves blood flow and treats cold and flu. Lowers blood sugar and prevents cancer.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is an exotic spice which relieves nausea and heartburn. Its good for oral health as well as for digestion. It improves blood circulation and lower blood pressure.
- Cumin Seeds: And lastly cumin seeds! Cumin seeds are a key ingredient of Indian cooking, they are the super seeds which help with digestive disorders. They boost immunity, helps fight cancer, treat asthma and helps with detoxification.
Now that we have the benefits of these ingredients, lets get to the recipe.
7 Spice Wellness TeaCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
An Immunity booster tea with 7 powerful spices.
- Add all the ingredients to 4 cups of water and let it simmer till it reduces to 2 cups.
- Strain and enjoy it lukewarm with a squeeze of lemon and a dollop of honey.
Please do try this magic tea that has amazing healing and immunity boosting properties and let us know how you like it.
Pin this for later:
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.